EVENT INFO: RULES
Rules and Safety
We’re all about having fun, but your safety is our primary concern! Please abide by these rules.
- Obey all traffic laws, as well as lights, signs and regulations
- You must be 16 years old to participate in the cycling events
- No short-cutting – stay on the course so we can keep you safe
- You must wear an ANSI- or SNELL-approved helmet at all times in the cycling events
- Do not impede traffic. Ride a maximum of two abreast and yield to passing cars
- No headphones.
- Plan to be self-sufficient for bike repairs. We will have multiple tech support stations and vehicles, but you may be faster fixing your bike yourself.
Long Course specific rules:
- Riders can only use 1 bike during the event (No bike switches are permitted)
- There is a 1pm cut off intersection of HWY 66 & 75th, which is roughly 26 miles in to the long course. Cyclists who reach this point after 1 PM will be asked to return to Lyons via the short course route along HWY 66.
Keep in mind this is a ‘snow or shine’ event and we expect all cyclists to be prepared for everything Mother Nature throws your way: Rain, Hail, Sleet, Snow…. maybe even a little sunshine if we’re lucky. Expect gravel and/or ice on road surfaces and use caution.